Well today’s been chilled out in a weird kind of way! All the windows in our house are being replaced so there’s a force 10 gale blowing through, but thankfully we have our cosy caravan on the drive where my mum and I have camped for the day. Perfect setup for surrounding myself with homework and ploughing through the list. This half term I’m determined to avoid last minute stressing, so I’m being a total organisation freak until it’s done. Gotta leave time for fun!
Ria-Louise tagged me to answer the ‘Get to Know Me’ questions, which I thought might be a nice post to write from the comfort of the caravan sofa. Blogs feel so much more personal when you know a little random information about the author! I’d been intending to post something along these lines this week, so this tag was timed perfectly.
1. Do you have a middle name? Kate. Apparently it was a choice between Kate and Josephine.
2. What was your favourite subject in school? I’m still in school, and my favourite subject changes term to term based on the units we’re doing. I like all my subjects at some time or other though; I chose my options well and I don’t mind Maths and English.
3. What’s your favourite drink? Stereotypical blogger tea drinker right here. Smoothies are probably my favourite drink though – anything with berries.
4. What’s your favourite song at the moment? Difficult question! I have ridiculously varied taste in music but I’m loving Lorde’s ‘Team’ currently.
5. What would you name your children? One of the possible names for my brother was Nathaniel, which I think is really cute! I’d probably pick something slightly different but not like a celebrity baby weird name. As for girl names, I like Thea, Josephine, and other kind of old fashioned but cute names.
6. Do you participate in any sports? Ballet, tap and modern dance – I’ve attended the same dance school since I was 3 and can’t remember life without the weekly lessons! I like to think I’m pretty active but don’t play sport for a team or anything at the minute.
7. Whats your favourite book? Last summer I read ‘The Island’ by Victoria Hislop and absolutely loved it. As a kid I pretty much knew the Swallows and Amazons series off by heart; they’re an adventure series set in the Lake District that I was lucky enough to find vintage hardback copies of. I’ve also read Anne Frank’s diary about a million times and think I’ll likely read it another million. I’ve always seemed to gravitate towards books that are set in a different time period or culture.
8. Whats your favourite colour? I’m a fan of almost all shades of the rainbow, but pale blue is probably my long term favourite that I tend to lean towards.
9. Whats your favourite animal? I was lucky enough to have a pony as a child and I was that kid that was endessly obsessed with horses, so I don’t think I could answer anything else really. Most of my spare time was spent at the stables, and every single school project would be a horsey fact-file. Whilst I only ride now and again now, I think I’ll always be a horsey girl haha.
10. Whats your favourite perfume? Currently DKNY Be Delicious. I also like Benefit ‘Garden of Eva’ and ‘Ralph’ by Ralph Lauren.
11. Whats your favourite time of the year? Winter’s great for cosying inside (and my birthday and Christmas, of course), but I love how everything becomes so much easier and nicer with long summer days. In warm weather I’d nearly always choose to be outside rather than inside, and things just become 10 times more fun with the sun beating on your back!
12. Have you been out of the country? I’ve been to Florida twice, Germany three times and all the usual Mediterranean holiday hotspots! So far I don’t have specific ideas of where I’d like to go in future, but I definitely want to travel and experience as many different places as possible.
13. Do you speak any other languages? I’m doing German GCSE (which I really enjoy), and I get chance to practice more often than most because Dan and his mum are German. They’ve taken me to Germany and often randomly start speaking German sometimes, so I like to think I’m OK at understanding and speaking it.
14. Do you have any siblings? One 13 year old brother, who doesn’t like to show his face on the blog! We’re similar in some ways but very different. 😉
15.Whats your favourite shop? Varies from season to season, Like every other 16 year old I love Topshop and H&M is great too, but I also love picking up a few pieces at independent boutiques like Coco Boo. I rarely leave Primark empty handed either (who could pass up a £2 dress?).
16. Whats your favourite food? I’m the unfussiest of eaters, and a food lover all round. I have a preference for anything Mediterranean, but then again I really enjoy Thai or Japanese style, and I don’t think I could live without a good roast dinner every now and then. That was a really rubbish answer.
17. Whats your favourite movie? They’re oldies, but I really like The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Sliding Doors. Unusual, clever films are great. I absolutely loved the latest Hunger Games too though!
18.What are some of your favourite TV shows? I’m far more addicted to the internet than TV, and don’t actually watch a great deal. However I do enjoy both UK and US crime dramas from time to time (Nip Tuck and Silent Witness are my favourites), and I’m looking forward to the Great British Sewing Bee on Wednesday!
19. What phone do you have? Nokia Brick all the way 😀 I have an iPod touch too.
20. How tall are you? 5’1o and a bit, with normal length legs and a reallllly long body. Like stupidly long.
21. Any pets? One cat that thinks he’s a human baby.
22. Any kids? Hold your horses!
23. If you weren’t you, would you be your friend? I’d like to think so, yes! I’m an easy going person and I’m happy to be friends with anyone. To be honest I’m happiest to be friends with all sorts of different people; I really can’t stand those impenetrable cliques.
24. Whats the first thing that you notice about someone? The first thing you notice about someone has to be something visual, and you can’t beat a big grin for a good first impressions! I tend to notice whether someone has an air of confidence about them too.
25. Whats your eye colour? Blue. apparently they’re brighter some days that others, somehow.
26. Scary movies or happy endings? I’m the jumpiest person ever (I literally jump when the school bell goes), and I don’t particularly enjoy scaring myself to death for the sake of it! Happy endings are always nice, but I especially love when a film ends in a clever, unexpected, happy way.
27. Favourite smells? The Body Shop grapefruit body wash, the smell of old books, and I love how a whiff of sun tan lotion always makes me feel like it is summer.
28. Do you have any special talents? Probably not ‘special’, but I guess it’s unusual for someone my age to be able to write knitwear patterns. I’ve been lucky enough to be offered great opportunities, like designing for Vogue Knitting.
29. Where were you born? Good old Preston, not far from where I live now.
30. What are your hobbies? Blogging! Spending time with my family, boyfriend and friends, dancing, making crafty things, working out/gym stuffs, I like to keep myself busy really.
Consider yourself tagged!