Thank you Brittany for nominating me! It’s been a while since I participated in a tag but it’s nice to have questions to answer sometimes. Read Brittany’s post here.
1) If you can only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be? Why? Ahh I’m useless at answering music questions! Can never ever pick a favourite song. But if I’m pushed – which I guess I am – right now I’d probably say You and I (Nobody in the world) by John Legend. I wouldn’t like to pick an especially sad or OTT upbeat one for the sake of my sanity if I couldn’t hear anything else.
2) What’s the best thing someone has given you? Sounds incredibly cheesy I know, but probably the freedom my parents have given me. I’ve never felt trapped by ‘oh I’m not allowed to do that’ or pressured to do what I think they’ll think is ‘right’. As a result I’m not a rebellious, angsty teenager counting the days until I can move out. I have no need to rebel, and to be honest I don’t think I’d get any mega kicks out of it if I did. I think I’d be a completely different person if I’d felt confined to one idea or restricted in any way by my parents, so I’m ridiculously grateful that I’ve been allowed to grow up as I have. Yes, I’ve been hurt because I’ve not been warned away from having boyfriends or certain friends, but I’ll take the ups and downs any day over being patronised and treated like a child with my decisions made for me. No I’m not in any position to comment on parenting being only 17 years old myself, but I know I wouldn’t do anything differently to my mum and dad, so that says something about the magnitude of this ‘gift’ doesn’t it? Strict parents who seem to have forgotten what it’s like to be a child/teenager/whatever annoy the hell out of me; it obviously just fuels tension and conflict with children and makes no sense whatsoever. Loads of my friends have said they love my parents and love how relaxed they feel round at my house, which means loads to me too.
3) If you could choose your last words, what would they be? I’m wracking my brains but have no idea! Hopefully something amusing so that those around me can remember me in a fabulously sassy way ;D
4) What’s the best compliment you’ve ever been given? People leave such lovely comments on Joli House that are mostly complimentary, which I’m forever grateful for! This one wasn’t a blog comment but was from someone who hadn’t known me for too long, and whilst it might not be the most obvious, it felt pretty complimentary to me: ‘Well when you speak to those you don’t know, you seem as comfortable as if they were your friends. You keep the same tone and you don’t feel the need to be formal…’. I kinda took from this that I seem friendly and make people feel comfortable, which is exactly how I want to come across.
5) If you could use only one social media site for the rest of your life, which would it be? Most likely twitter, even though I was kinda late to the party! It took me a good couple of months after starting blogging before I properly got into it and realised the value. I’m saying twitter rather than Instagram purely because you can upload both pictures and just text to twitter and we’re only picking one here aren’t we. That said, I don’t really use Facebook much for blogging but I definitely do in my ‘personal life’ if you get me. Don’t know what we’d do without FB messenger for group chats!
6) If the person you were meant to be were in front of you, would you know it? I’m guessing this is some kind of question about destiny, and whether I believe there’s one set person I’m meant to become. To an extent I think this is all tied in with potential: I’d hope that if at any point I wasn’t fulfilling my current potential and saw someone in front of me doing what I could be doing with my life, I’m fairly sure I’d realise that they were maybe slightly further ahead down the same path and I had some catching up to do. I’m now imagining some apparition of my future self appearing before me haha! I’m confusing myself reading this back now but I’m not quite sure what the question was asking really. Sorry!
7) If your life were a movie, what movie would it be? Tempting to say Bridget Jones’ Diary at the moment! Probably haven’t lived enough of a life to merit a movie’s worth yet but wouldn’t mind having a Grease style moment here and there!
8) Can you honestly say you’re happy right now? Can’t say I’m the happiest I’ve ever been, but the happy times wouldn’t stand out if they didn’t have the ‘meh’ times by contrast would they?
9) What would make you happier? Time’s the best healer. I don’t feel the need to do anything to force happiness on myself. I’m not low or depressed, just plodding along. 🙂
10) What’s the biggest lesson you learned in 2014? Keep it simple. There were times when things got preeeeetty complicated, particularly over summer, and god forbid I ever wind up in that situation again. Nuff said. I suppose another lesson would be *trying* to squeeze the most out of every minute of the day (emphasis on trying there), and I think I generally grew up quite a bit in 2014 for one reason or another. I’m saying that after I spent a good 5 minutes in my physics lesson today laughing at imagining our teacher was a Sims character (she was behaving and gesturing like one, ok) so maybe growing up is questionable.
And now for my questions! You know the drill of how these things work. I’ve nominated 10 bloggers, but anyone else who fancies answering feel free, and link me to your post. 🙂
1) What have you always wanted? Did you ever get it, or are you still wishing?
2) If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be?
3) What do you find uplifting?
4) What’s the weirdest thing about you?
5) What’s the first thing you thought when you woke up?
6) When was the last time you bought something, and what was it?
7) Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks, or some looks for intelligence?
8) Do you have a strong local accent?
9) What’s your favourite line from a film?
10)Have you ever been the subject of a rumour?
Hannah / hanniemc.co.uk
Debi / dibdabdebs.blogspot.co.uk
Molly / teenagenight.blogspot.co.uk
Evie / pendlestitches.com
Niamh at niamhsdream.blogspot.co.uk
Tamsin / grandiosedays.blogspot.co.uk
Samio / samio.co.uk
Noor / noorsplace.com
Areeba / ihaveamessybun.com