It’s been a while since I’ve seen any of these question tags doing the rounds so I thought I’d start my own. Random questions to get you thinking when you’re not sure what to write about. Just as a twist on the usual ‘get to know me’ kinda tag things!
1. Something you would never do again? Put it this way, I’ll think long and hard before strapping a pair of metal blades to my feet again. Ice skating didn’t end well last time.
2. If you could change one decision you made, what would it be? I wouldn’t believe that ‘it would be different next time’, because it just never is. What you want to believe and what you probably should believe can be two very different things!
3. Is everything going to plan? My ‘plan’ is a loose one, so I can’t really fail too badly tbh. A levels seem to be going OK, but even if I don’t get the results I want it’s not the end of the world. Day to day plans are the ones that get scuppered more often.
4. Favourite gift you’ve ever received? My friends and family are great at choosing gifts for me! My camera for my 18th birthday has been worth its weight in gold, but maybe my first DSLR when I was about 12 was my best gift for sparking my interest.
5. If you were able to pause time at any point in your lifetime, when would you choose? That carefree childhood time when you don’t really have a clue what’s going on. Everything was made so exciting! Now I sound ancient, and I’m sure at some point in the future I’ll look back ate age 18 as responsibility free, but whatever. I can wish I was 5 again for now.
6. I’m a little embarrassed that I still… Get in my mum’s bed when I’m ill.
7. If you could have coffee with any 3 people, who would they be? Princess Diana, Jim Al-Khalili, Peter Kay, and my maternal great-grandfather (who I never met) to solve a family mystery. Yes, that is pretty damn random.
8. Which blog post will you never publish? Given enough time and distance, I wouldn’t rule anything out. What can seem too raw to write about in the moment could actually make a good post with the benefit of a few years distance. Keep an eye out for Lily Memoirs in a few years!
9. What do you like and dislike about being a girl/boy? I like the feeling when you’re all glammed up and wearing your favourite dress, feeling all feminine and sassy and like you and your gals are ready to have the best time. Do boys get the same feeling when they’re dressed up smart? I don’t know. I feel like girls have more opportunity to transform themselves, which can be fun. And aside from the obvious periods and strapless bras, I actually like being a girl.
10. What do you want to know? Parallel universes. Want to know more about that one. But then again, “If you think you know quantum physics, you don’t know quantum physics,” to quote Richard Feynman, so maybe that one will have to wait a while.
11. What makes you feel like you’ve got your sh*t together? Getting ahead of myself blog-wise definitely helps with the ‘I got this’ feelings. Starting a week knowing that I’ll be posting X on this day and Y on that day just takes a weight off my mind. I knowww blogging really isn’t the be all and end all, but I just feel more prepared. So satisfying to be ahead of the game.
12. Strangest discussion you’ve had this week? A debate over how long a particular bottle of washing up liquid has been on the windowsill. Don’t think it matters that much tbh.
13. Are you taken seriously? I’d like to think I’m taken relatively seriously. Enough so to have been employed by a big company and sent off alone on my jollies around the country to visit other big companies too, so somebody must have faith in me. I’m known for being a klutzy idiot sometimes too though
14. If I let anger tell me what to do… Oh nobody wants to experience raging Lily. I don’t get angry too often, but when something sets me off, it ain’t good. Doors get slammed! Tbh I rarely act out of anger, it’s more about being upset really.
15. What kind of person attracts you? Quirky people. You got something different about you or interesting stories to tell, I wanna know.
So yes, I just made up a bunch of questions and answered them myself. Make me seem like less of a saddo by answering them too, would you? I’m tagging Bash, Debi, Corinne, Madara, and anybody else who fancies it, consider yourself tagged too!
lily kate x
follow me on bloglovin | twitter | instagram | youtube | email me
Hollie20th December 2015 at 11:29 pm
great questions and answers.What i like about this is that they are interesting questions. Do you mind if i do the tag? xx
lily kate20th December 2015 at 11:40 pm
Thank you Hollie! Of course not, go for it! I’d love to see your answers 😀
May21st December 2015 at 1:19 pm
I’m definitely attracted to the quirky characters , and I feel you on the raw and honest posts part. I’ve written quite a fair bit of them which I’ve never published just because I’m afraid, but i’m sure with time, theyl’ll see the light of day.
I enjoyed this one, Lily!
May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin’
lily kate22nd December 2015 at 7:53 pm
Really glad you enjoyed this post! I look forward to reading your raw and honest posts if they ever make it online. 🙂
Bash Harry21st December 2015 at 3:56 pm
EEEEEP! Thank you for tagging me! Hehe <3
Hmmm? What do I dislike about being a girl? Sexism everywhere! *throws confetti*
Hahaha, seriously though, I love this tag! I'll have to do it really, really soon. Oh gosh, this is incredible Lily! <3
xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin’
lily kate22nd December 2015 at 7:57 pm
You’re very welcome! I thought your answers would be good ones, so I’m really looking forward to reading it!
Sexism is so annoying isn’t it! What kinds affect you the most?
"Pastāsti man" birka | Lookforsmile29th December 2015 at 2:27 pm
[…] piedalīties blogeru birkā, ko pati izveidoja. Ja ir interese vari apskatīt arī viņas blogu un atbildes uz šiem pašiem jautājumiem (angļu valodā). […]
"You tell me" tag | Lookforsmile29th December 2015 at 3:18 pm
[…] Jolihouse.com because she tagged me in Bloggers’ tag she made up. Check out her blog and answers here! […]
Madara31st December 2015 at 11:19 am
Thanks again for tagging me, Lily. 🙂 Fun tag, loved the depth of some of those questions, made me thinking 😀 That’s good. 🙂
Also, if anyone else wants to check out my answers, they’re here – http://lookforsmile.com/you-tell-me/ (I know you already did 🙂 ).
Happy New Year! 🙂